Re: Installer problem Oracle 8i

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:17:20 +0100

Stefan Wegener wrote:

> When I start the Oracle 8.1 Installer to install or remove
> some software-modules the installer quits the installation
> procedure with a message like "Can not install in an
> existing Oracle 8.0 HomeDirectory".

Maybe there's still some 8.0-style entry left that doesn't look that self-explanatory. Try to search the keys

for entries that point to the former 8.0-directory ("C:\ORANT" probably). Especially when the DEFAULT_HOME still points to the 8.0-dir you're still in trouble, because the Installer tries its installation in the DEFAULT_HOME first.

Regards,
Uwe.
http://uwe.kuechler.org/ask_uwe/ Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 07:17:20 CST