ORA-01026: multiple buffers of size > 4000 in the bind list (Shrink wrap software)

From: macknox <Kevin_at_curryingflavor.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2002 05:14:56 -0800

Hello All,

I'm a Java/Notes developer working on a shrink wrap product (Archibus) connecting to an Oracle back end database. I'm a fish out of water, so any help I can get will be appreciated.

To all appearances, the Archibus developers are using bind lists, and binding them inappropriately. Except that they have a number of successful installs of this product at other companies. This is a problem unique to our installation, but we can't figure out what we are doing wrong, and neither can they. We have exhausted their tech support options.

Our Oracle DBA group has exhausted their options as well. Our servers are at 8.1.7.2 while our clients are at 8.0.5. Being rather a large company, we cannot upgrade our clients to 8.1.7, and we aren't event sure whether this would fix the problem. We are certain that if we upgraded to 8.1.7, another critical application would break.

Finally, every Win NT 4 box we have produces this error, while every Win2000 box we have works perfectly. Upgrading everyone to Win2000 is also not an option.

Does anyone know of a patch or configuration setting that will cause this error to go away?

I have never used Oracle outside of ODBC, so I don't know what a bind list is. I know that I have seen it in some PL/SQL code listings, but that's it. One of these days, I am going to be doing some Oracle Java work, so any hints will be helpful in the long run!

Thanks,

Kevin Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 07:14:56 CST