Re: IDE versus SCSI

From: andrey <aakit_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:59:34 +0300

I believe, "troubles with five dedicated NT" are because most of Unix machines is standing in separate room, where no one can touch it under fear of death, while NT used as workstations (at least) and Quake servers. When user asks about bad performance with NT, answer is "BG must die" contra "UX is busy server, so just wait".
Thousands $ easily spend on SCSI instead of additional 10$ for good IDE.