Re: SIEBEL performance help wanted

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:53:35 -0000

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:DJM08.25373$uA.263005_at_rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net...
> Siebel only certifies rule based optimizer (and tells you NOT to use CBO)
> and does NOT want any statistics.

I find this well not exactly unbelievable but absolutely mad. This would mean then that you can't use hints, you can't partition tables, you can't use bitmap indices you can't create or use materialized views etc etc.

Presumably you pay for 6 months worth of "consultancy" for performance problems and then they tell you to buy a bigger box?

Or have I just gone off the deep end here.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA