Re: how many connection in one tcpip port?

From: hank <gang36_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 13:00:30 -0800

yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote in message news:<b3cb12d6.0201112212.4dec50d7_at_posting.google.com>...
> On my Solaris 2.6 box, tcp_conn_req_max_q is set to default 128. I
> suppose this means at most 128 requests can be queued on a port; the
> 129th connection will be rejected by the listener. I wonder what
> happens if you lower this number and increase the listener queuesize
> from its default 5 so that queuesize is higher than
> tcp_conn_req_max_q. Probably whichever lower takes effect. Because
> Oracle listener processes a request so fast, to test this you may need
> to write a shell script to keep looping and connecting (like tnsping)
> to the listener.
>
> Yong Huang
> yong321_at_yahoo.com
>
> gang36_at_hotmail.com (hank) wrote in message
> > but I still think it will overcrowd for the simultaneous connection,
> > because the port in listener is only a initial port for tcpip
> > connection and then the system give another port to hold the
> > connection (you can find it in listener log file), for large number of
> > connection oracle provide a parameter QUEUESIZE in listener.ora to
> > wait for relocate port number, also in tcp configration it has same
> > two parameter tcp_conn_req_max_q and tcp_conn_req_max_q0 for Solari,
> > but I can not find the parameter in Windows for tcp queue, and timeout
> > for tcpip connection also is a considering isuue, I am looking for a
> > optimize in QUEUE SIZE, TIMEOUT and the TIME of RELOCATE PORT,
> > otherwise you will get a error TNS: NO LISTENER.

What happen in here, it is very interesting, I generated multiple threads connection in solaris 8 as a database client, each thread execute a simple select scripts against database, when I increase the multithread from 100 to 200 and to 300 (it is corcurrent connection to database) I got a ORA-12154 error.

Someone know why, how?

Thanks

Hank Huang Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 15:00:30 CST