database server w/ 2 network interfaces problem (VCS environment)

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:26:51 GMT

I have a database in MTS mode that listens on interface2. however, when I do netstat I see that most connections to interface2 and in TIME_WAIT
while most connections to interface1 are in ESTABLISHED.

My suspicions, is that when listener hands off the connection to db, the new connection is reestablished at a different network interface.

Is there are anything I can do to prevent that?

(I made sure that listener.ora listens on interface2 and mts_listener parameter is set to interface2)

Thanx.
We use Oracle 8.1.6-8.1.7 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 750-3630
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email