Re: Optimal Initialization Parameters

From: AF <af_at_nospaming.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:05:05 -0800

Probalby been said before but:

Use the suggested min RAM as what the application needs to work. If Oracle says 128MB ram startup the computer and check the baseline ram usage (without the new App) Mine is about 200MB on Win2K. Now Add the 128MB on top of that. And as the last post said that is just for Oracle. If you want to add the apache server, the OMS server, the ... Just keep adding. I have a 9iAS runninng on my machine my total memory usage is at 600MB. On linux my 9iDB s runs in about 600MB.

Therefore get a GIG and support the lagging memory economy :)