Re: creating database from dmp files

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_no_spam_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:29:13 GMT

  1. create correspondent user on secondary (repository) database.
  2. Import data from dumps. imp73.exe User/passwd file=file001.dmp ignore=y imp73.exe User/passwd file=file002.dmp ignore=y ....... The negative of that approach is a duplication of data in repository, or, if a primary key exist, impossibility to transfer updated rows. They simply will not be inserted.

If you plan to use imp/exp just for transfering purposes (not for the backup) - consider copying via database link. On AIX:
sqlplus User/Passwd
create snapshot log on Table1;

On repository:
Create AIXDB alias in tnsnames.ora file. sqlplus User/Passwd
SQL>create database link AIXDB connect to User identified by Passwd using 'AIXDB';
SQL>create procedure Append_to_Table1 as begin
  insert /*+append*/ into Table1
  select t.* from Table1_at_AIXDB t, mlog$_Table1_at_AIXDB l   where t.rowid=l.row_id;
  delete mlog$_Table1_at_AIXDB;
  commit;
end;
/

You could create a simple snapshot. But, if you cleanup old data on AIX with using SQL DELETE, the corrrespondent repository rows will be also deleted. Because of that you have to use above procedure. You probably need to add some additional logic into procedure to handle updated and deleted rows in MLOG$ table.

After that you can create job to pump data automatically.

Mark