Re: Problem with logon trigger

From: <n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 12:22:34 GMT

Hi!

The user creating the trigger needs to have the select privilege on v_$session granted directly, not through a role. Log in as sys and do:
grant select on v_$session to theusername;

Then it should work.

Ref:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/plsql_privs.html http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/Misc/RolesAndProcedures.html

Njål A. Ekern
naekern_at_hotmail.com
n.a.ekern_at_usit.uoi.no

georg.scholz_at_ubisol.at (Georg Scholz):

Problem: when creating this trigger, I get: "SYS.V_$SESSION must be declared".

However, in a normal SQL PLUS Window, the SQL-statement contained in the trigger works fully OK!! I tried to create a synonym to SYS.V_$SESSION, but I get the same error.

Do you have any hints??

Thanks in advance
Georg Scholz Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 06:22:34 CST