Installing oracle lite on novell server

From: Jes R. Lungskov <jesl_at_daimi.au.dk>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 03:35:11 -0800

Hi.

I'm having problems connecting to oracle lite.

Since I'm sitting in a novell network, it was my idea that I could install the lite database on a public drive and connect to it as if it were installed locally. It's a java program using jdbc I've made.

When I try to do this, setting the (hopefully?) correct paths andrunning the standard 'polite' testprogram the result is an errormessage:
java.sql.SQLException: [POL - 3023] message file is not loaded. To get this far I have copied the files: OLJDBC40.DLL
olod2040.dll
OLOBJ40.DLL
OLSQL40.DLL
into my bin directory. I don't see why this should be necessary since the orahome\bin is in my path, but it stopped my testprogram complaining when I copied them.

I've made a .bat file which goes as this:

java -cp g:\orawin95\LITE\CLASSES\OLITE40.jar;g:\orawin95\bin\;jdk1.3.1_02\bin;jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\rt.jar;c:\test jdbcexample

Is there som sort of client I have to install? How about datasources, should I set up such a thing? Hov do I gain acces to the setup programs (navigator8 or something like that, I'm not sitting at the computer from which I installed it in the first place).

I'd appreciate any help. Usually I program for unix, so I'm a windows AND oracle newbie. Not a good combination in my present situation.

/Jes Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 05:35:11 CST