Re: How to change MAXDATAFILES?

From: Stan <stan0074_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 05:51:17 GMT

here is what i would do :

  1. take a backup of controlfile using alter database backup controlfile to trace command.
  2. change maxdatafiles parameter to whatever value that needs to be increased to.
  3. shutdown database, take a cold backup just to be safe.
  4. change db_files parameter to the increased value of init<sid>.ora file
  5. startup nomount
  6. create controlfile
  7. open the database
  8. take a backup of controlfile immediately for backup purpose.

-Stan