How to change MAXDATAFILES?

From: Eric <h9515895_at_sinatown.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:30:41 +0800

Hi,

I want to change the MAXDATAFILES in the init.ora file. As I know, I need to re-create the control file. What is the correct steps to change it? Pls check it for me ... Thanks

  1. change the parameter MAXDATAFILES in init.ora
  2. startup nomount
  3. alter database create controlfile to '/directory'
  4. alter database open

Pls, correct my wrong step and give me advices

Thanks again
Eric Wong Received on Sun Jan 13 2002 - 21:30:41 CST