Re: Optimal Initialization Parameters

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:16:14 +0000

For my classes at the University of Washington I run as follows:

IBM Thinkpad (300MHz) with 64MB RAM. I have Oracle 8.1.7 installed, up and running, and routinely also run SQL Navigator, SQL*Plus, and Oracle Developer Forms and/or Reports 6i (ALL AT THE SAME TIME). I have yet to run out of memory. An Oracle instance can be very lean.

For informational purposes ... from the init.ora

db_block_size = 8192
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8
db_block_buffers = 2048

shared_pool_size = 5242880