Help Where can i get a unix type shell for NT part2

From: Ajay <ajay_at_bhudevi.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:48:05 +1000

Hi

I posted the following and received alot of very help replies thks very much. I ended up downloading cygwin, as it is free and looks pretty good.

I now need to compile some Proc on my NT machine. The Oracle proc precompiler manual for NT and the default ProC makefile $ORACLE_HOME\precomp\demo\proc\pcmake.bat both state I need to install MS Visual C/C++ to compile C programs on NT.

I don't have MS Visual C and I don't want to buy it, but after discussion with a few people I downloaded cygwin including gcc, and now need a make file to precompile/compile and link my programs.

Problem is I'm not a make/C guy so I don't really know how to write makefiles. If any one out their has written a makefile for Oracle Proc on NT using cygwin gcc I'd appreciate some advice.

>Does anyone know where I can get a Unix type shell (korn, borne or bsh )
etc