Re: PROGRAM Field of v$Session

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2002 01:16:59 -0800

"Maddalena Capp" <Maddalena.Capp_at_btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<a1nlr2$j9n$1_at_knossos.btinternet.com>...
> Windows 8.1.5 Server & Windows 8.1.5/7 Client
>
> Can anyone tell me why sometimes after establishing a connection to an
> Oracle Server from a Windows application (even SQL-Plus), the PROGRAM field
> of v$session is NULL.
>
> This appears to be intermitent. Sometimes it's fine, ie shows SQLPLUSW.EXE.
>
> We would like to use this view as the basis for a concurrent user control
> system.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adrian

My Two cents Worth... Instead of relying on this Dynamic performance View.

Try Creating a Profile for the user with Sessions_per_user resource Limit.

This will allow you to control the maximum of number of sessions a single user can open at a time.

HTH Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Sat Jan 12 2002 - 03:16:59 CST