Re: Win 2000 / Oracle

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:52:35 -0500

Among the various answers was the information I needed. Thanks. I did oversimplify the case since I was interested in what to do with the member servers which are not getting their IP addresses dynamically - they're fixed. The DNS services are installed and running, as Chris said. As for Sybrand's reply, it's hard to know what to make of it. The Oracle databases on the PDC were installed under the (local) administrator account and run just fine with multi-master replication. Maybe he's had some bad experiences with replication.

Van