PROGRAM Field of v$Session

From: Maddalena Capp <Maddalena.Capp_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:35:31 +0000 (UTC)

Windows 8.1.5 Server & Windows 8.1.5/7 Client

Can anyone tell me why sometimes after establishing a connection to an Oracle Server from a Windows application (even SQL-Plus), the PROGRAM field of v$session is NULL.

This appears to be intermitent. Sometimes it's fine, ie shows SQLPLUSW.EXE.

We would like to use this view as the basis for a concurrent user control system.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 15:35:31 CST