ORA-03232

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:57:27 GMT

Just messing with a test environment. 8.1.6

I then ran a complex query, and about 6 minutes in I get

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03232: unable to allocate an extent of 127 blocks from tablespace 3

ts$ show TEMP as tablespace 3.

TEMP has three files. One hit its max, the other two were at 1/5 capacity. There is adequate room on the device for them to grow.

If I run it a second time, it give the error after about a minute.

(Originally I thought it had to do with changing the COMPATIBLE option from 8.1.0 to 8.1.6, as it went away when I changed it back to 8.1.0, and appeared when I changed to 8.1.6 again. Alas, after a few more shutdowns and startups it stareted appearing with it set to 8.1.0.)

Brian Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 13:57:27 CST