Re: Export error VNI-2015

From: chiantoni <dalgch_at_dalmine.it>
Date: 11 Jan 2002 08:27:30 -0800

Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de> wrote in message news:<3C3A30F5.DFA46363_at_t-online.de>...
> Tim Kelley wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to export (user) and I receive the error VNI-2015
> > Authentication error (I am using the export wizard).
> > If anyone could point me in the right direction on where to find the
> > solution for this error, I would appreciate it. (I did check the error
> > messages documentation, but didn't find it). I am using Oracle 8.1.7. Some
> > of the posts from other people having trouble with the export wizard were
> > told it is easier to do the export from the command line. Is this in
> > reference the the SQL Plus utility or something else.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tim
>
> Hello Tim,
> your error description is available at
> http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/em.817/a85245/vni.htm#1002795
> but only points you to the OEM Configuration Guide. Create yourself a
> free account at OTN if you don't alraedy have one.
> I'm sorry, I'm not using the wizard, but you can find a description of
> export/import/sqlldr (command line utilities with case studies) at
> http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76955/toc.htm
> The online documentation for Oracle 8.1.7/9.0.1 is available at
> http://tahiti.oracle.com/
>
> Have a nice day
> Manuela Mueller

Hi,

in order to correctly configure the oracle intelligent agent (on windows NT or Windows 2000) you have to complete several steps:

  1. create a local user (you could create a domain-level user only if the server is a primary domain controller) and insert it in the local group Administrators.

2)Be sure that the user name and the password don't contain special characters (e.g. underscore and so on). The password must be different from the user name.

3) Grant to the user these rights:

  1. Act as part of the operating system.
  2. Increase quotas.
  3. Log on as a batch job.
  4. Log on as a service.
  5. Replace a process level token.
  6. Log on the oracle agent service using the user you have just created.
  7. Set these parameters in the parameters file: job_queue_interval = 10 job_queue_processes = 7
  8. Set the credential in the oem console for the node (Pay attention not to include the domain name when inserting the user name: write username and not DOMAIN\username).
  9. Grant to the user specified in the database credential of the oem console the roles: IMP_FULL_DATABASE EXP_FULL_DATABASE
Best reguards.
 GC Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 10:27:30 CST