DCOM, firewalls and oracle

From: Gabriel <gcastell_at_go.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2002 07:27:38 -0800

Hi Everybody:

We have in our project the following configuration:

firewall1 -> webserver -> firewall2 -> MTS Server -> Oracle

because of this we had to restrict the ports being used by DCOM between the webserver and MTS Server to 20, does this in any way affects Oracle? our DBA is telling us that it does, but I don't think Oracle is using DCOM in any way, any ideas?

Thanks

Gabriel Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 09:27:38 CST