The oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found

From: erg.cuhk.edu.hk <peachcrystal_at_hkem.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:29:30 +0800

I have successful installed oracle9 client program in my window 2000 server. Now, I can use SQL Plus to create table and insert data to my department Oracle server. However, when I Use ASP ( ADO method) to open connection, it fails to function!

In fact, I have installed many versions of the oracle cleint server (8.15, 8.17and 9 --> most updated one) and updated the lastest MDAC components. Also, I have set up the required system DNS .

Below is the ASP script and the corr. error message ( for reference)

For the following scripting:
A)
Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConnection.Open "dsn=orclee;uid=userid;pwd=paword;" B)
Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") With objConnection .ConnectionString="Provider=MSDASQL;" & _ "DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; " & _  "SERVER=orclee; UID=userid; PWD=password;" .open end with
C)
ConStr="Provider=MSDASQL;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; SERVER=orclee; UID=userid; PWD=password; " objConn.Open ConStr The error :

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80004005) Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

somethings the browser would show:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

For this code:
D)
ConStr="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=userid;Password=password;Data Source=orclee;"
objConn.Open ConStr

The error messgae is:
Error Type:
ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E7A)
Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 02:29:30 CST