Re: Win 2000 / Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 06:53:32 +0100

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:04:02 -0500, "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:

>I work mostly on Solaris and need a little help. I have a small network on
>which every machine runs Windows 2000 Advanced Server. One machine is a
>primary domain controller and the others are member servers. All are in the
>same domain. I'm not currently using DNS or DHCP. The PDC has several
>Oracle databases. I want to add databases to each of the member servers as
>well, then set up multi-master replication.
>Before installing Oracle and creating a database on a member server, should
>I log on as the member server administrator on the local machine or log in
>to the domain?
>
>TIA
>
>Van

Running any Oracle database from a PDC is just a big NO-NO, let alone *several* databases, and having those databases involved in replication just looks like one of the safest routes to hell. Oracle always needs to be installed using the *local* administrator account.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:53:32 CST