Re: The oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found

From: santysharma <santysharma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:08:19 -0800

if u are using MS oledb then connect string is Db1.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDAORA;User ID=scott;password=tiger;Data Source=<tnsname>;Persist Security Info=False" It will be good idea to use Oracle Oledb instead to get full features of Oracle database.
strCnn = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=SCOTT;Password=TIGER;Data Source=<tnsname>;"

hth

"erg.cuhk.edu.hk" <peachcrystal_at_hkem.com> wrote in message news:a1m7qf$6p9$1_at_eng-ser1.erg.cuhk.edu.hk...
> I have successful installed oracle9 client program in my window 2000
server.
> Now, I can use SQL Plus to create table and insert data to my department
> Oracle server. However, when I Use ASP ( ADO method) to open connection,
it
> fails to function!
>
> In fact, I have installed many versions of the oracle cleint server (8.15,
> 8.17and 9 --> most updated one) and updated the lastest MDAC components.
> Also, I have set up the required system DNS .
>
> Below is the ASP script and the corr. error message ( for reference)
>
> For the following scripting:
> A)
> Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> objConnection.Open "dsn=orclee;uid=userid;pwd=paword;"
> B)
> Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> With objConnection .ConnectionString="Provider=MSDASQL;" & _
> "DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; " & _
> "SERVER=orclee; UID=userid; PWD=password;" .open
> end with
> C)
> ConStr="Provider=MSDASQL;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};
SERVER=orclee;