Re: Restore Table

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:29:03 GMT

a better way to do it :
- leave the production DB running
- get system, temp, rollback and the tablespace, which includes the table, from backup and restore on a different localtion - recreate the the control file - rename the DB and lose all datafiles that aren't part of the tablespace mentioned above

- offline drop the missing datafiles
- recover database until time using backup controlfile ;
- alter database open resetlogs ;
- export the table from the recovered DB
- import the table in the production system

this way your production system does not need to go down !