Restore Table

From: Steve James <stevejames73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:39:17 -0000

Hi,

A little problem I am having on a test system.

I am running the system in archive log mode.

I make a hot backup of all the data files at 1:00pm. After backing up all the data files I issue an alter system switch logfile.

At 4pm, I drop a table which I didn't want to do, so I want to do a recover until time to five mins before I dropped the table.

Is the correct process for this as follows?:

Shutdown the database
replace the backup data file which would of contained the dropped table. (the backup I took at 1pm).
startup mount
recover database until time '2001-01-10:15:55:00'

I am getting a series of error messages regarding the system tablespace needing more recovery but this doesn't make much sense. I have been over the Oracle documentation , which seems to go along with the process I have written above.

Can anyone verify whether what I am doing is correct?

Thanks

Steve Received on Thu Jan 10 2002 - 10:39:17 CST