Re: Backup Oracle ? Online Redo Log.

From: Christian M. <cm_at_sdv.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:19:46 +0100

Thanks for your answer !

I've read the file (.PDF) which explain backup and recovery but I not sure understanding why the online redolog files should never be backuped in a hot backup.

For example :
If I have a HOT BACKUP of :

If I restore all datafiles saved at 03h00 am and all control files , redo log files saved at 04:00pm,
Why it is not possible replay all the archived redo log saved between 03h00am and 04h00pm ?

if not, can you tell me what is the best backup strategy for this case of damaged ?

Thanks.

Christian.

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3c3d744b$0$1586$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> You cannot, ever, in a million years, backup an online redo log. It can't
> be done, and you'll risk data loss by attempting it (I've seen a junior
DBA