Re: Import/Export

From: Tim Shute <tshute_at_nisoft.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:00:45 +0000 (UTC)

"Kurt Bilde" <kub_at_sam.sdu.dk> wrote in message news:3C3D7369.4030007_at_sam.sdu.dk...

> Hi !
>
> We are using Oracle9i at work but I have 8i personal edition at home in
> order to work at home sometimes. When working at home I would like to
> take a user's tables, triggers and sequences with me home in a file due
> to the fact that there is no online communication between my home and my
> work. Is it posible to dump all users stuff into a file and get it back
> into my db at home(from 9i to 8ipersonal and the other way around)???????
>
> -Kurt

In Oracle 8 there is / was a script called CATEXP7.SQL that created the relevant objects to allow an Oracle 7 compatible export to be created.

I assume there is something similar (CATEXP8?) for Oracle 9i.

The problem with CATEXP7 was that you then had to connect to the Oracle8 database using an Oracle7 client to run EXP73, which was a bit of a pain.

Hope this helps.

Tim.
==