Re: Why SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebels Move from Oracle to DB2 ?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:15:55 -0000

"Serge Rielau" <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote in message news:3C3C7C85.A3AE09B_at_ca.ibm.com...
> Indeed, click on "Publication Violations" in the bottom right.
> http://www.sap.com/benchmark/

The violation however is referring to two benchmark results without posting all of the benchmark information required by the disclosure agreement. Now obviously if SAP doesn't want its benchmarks to be used in ads that is fair enough slap people over the wrist for it. No doubt if the ad is actually a lie IBM will be taking the appropriate legal redress.

I personally hate all ads of this type because

  1. We don't run SAP so the benchmark is entirely irrelevant and
  2. Even if we did run SAP we'd run our business on them not the benchmark.
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA