Re: ORA-01499

From: Vance Wu <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2002 21:41:54 -0800

Hi Hieraklion,

I'm not sure it is bug 1527982, because in MetaLink bug 1527982 is reported where a partitioned table has LOCAL BITMAP INDEXES and the partition key is updated such that the row moves to a different partition then the bitmap index is not updated correctly ..

But in my scenario, I don't have BITMAP INDEXES, it seems to be the ANALYZE command (with CASCADE clause ?) randomly causes the indexes to be corrupted. Some indexes were ANALYZED without error prior to execute:

 "ANALYZE TABLE mytable VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE" (resulted with error ORA-01499 or ORA-01498)

Then indexes become corrupted after, and the trace file sometime reported block corruption or table/Index Cross Reference failure intermittently, dropping and recreating the table and indexes did not help.

MetaLink has reported bugs that resulted from ORA-01499 error, and I couldn't find any similar to this scenario.

Regards,

Vance.