Multimaster Replication Error when using lob tables

From: Bryan Hall <hallkbrdz_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2002 14:45:25 -0800

Multimaster Replication Error when using lob tables

I am getting: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace CLRC_LOBS
and: ORA-23308: object CLRC.WMF does not exist or is invalid errors

This happens when trying to replicate a table that contains lobs that are NOT stored in the same tablespace as the table. I can replicate all non-lob tables, and lob tables that store the lobs in the same tablespace. I gave repadmin dba privilages in addition to the normal ones to see is that was the problem, it is not. The destination tablespace CLRC_LOBS does exist on the target master and does work, as I can import a working table with objects. Can Oracle 8i not replicate complex table objects, or what do I need to add to my repcat generation syntax to get it to do this?

Ideas? Thanks in advance.
Bryan Hall - 321-853-4138 Received on Wed Jan 09 2002 - 16:45:25 CST