Re: Opinions: Upgrade from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 9?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:49:30 +0000

Reasons to upgrade to Oracle 8i ...

  1. It is supported by Oracle
  2. In-house developers have a ten year old skill set and with each new release fall further behind
  3. It will be harder to retain good people and/or recruit new ones if we have ancient technology
  4. Much useful functionality could be employed to enhance productivity (list all of the new features)
  5. Much faster performance and greater scalability

Daniel Morgan