Re: Multi-Block read count

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:15:07 GMT

Norman Dunbar doodled thusly:

>So the question I have is, how do I find out what the maximum number of
>Oracle blocks that I can read in one single OS I/O read is ?

you ask the OS maker. if you're lucky, you get the real info. if not, you get a load of marketing hype...

an alternative is to ask around in the NGs and see if you can bounce into someone who has actually seen the source code.

another way is to pour through the doco and help files and get access to developer information. usually that sort of stuff is available at that level.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jan 09 2002 - 06:15:07 CST