Please help: OEM Configuration

From: Jeff Y. Y. <yuanjeff_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2002 17:05:54 -0800

I am installing OEM Release 2.2 (with Chnage Management, Diagnostics, and Tuing Packs) on my NT. But I got problems:

  1. When I tried to start the Console (by Start -> Program -> ...), I got error "VTK-1004: Critical error reading client registry. Aborting". Where does this come form?
  2. From clicking on Start -> Program -> ..., I didn't find the Agent folder. How can I check if the Intelligent Agent is installed on my NT? If it is not installed, which package is the Intelligent Agent included in? Since I didn't do anything on the Intelligent Agent, I can start the Management Server but there are errors from running "oemctrl status oms" and I can not stop the Management Server from the Service box of NT after I started it.
  3. The database that OEM will talk to is an Oracle 8.1.6 on an AIX server. Should I install the Intelligent Agent on the AIX server or on my NT? Do I need do anything (related to the Listener or Agent) on AIX server?
  4. I CAN create a repository by using Configuration Assistant in EM folder, and I used Net8 Assistant to set up a Service Naming (such as myserver.mycom.com defined in tnsname.ora) and PASSED the testing from Net8 Assistant. But, when I use sql*plus and sql*plus Worksheet to connect to the database on AIX server by userid/pwd_at_myserver.mycom.com, I got error "ora-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor". Why does this happen? Is it because the database version is 8.1.6?

Thank you so much in advance.

Jeff Received on Tue Jan 08 2002 - 19:05:54 CST