Re: Help! Install Oracle on XP

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 06:21:20 +1100

No, there's nothing you have to do to have 8i or 9i install correctly on XP. At least, I've never had to do anything. But you may be confusing this with the well-known issue that there is a known issue with 8i and Pentium 4s -which has been answered a million and one times on this group, so that, if it is this that you are worried about, take a trip to www.google.com and search this newsgroup's archives for posts containing 'Pentium 4' in their header.

Regards