Re: Cache buffer chains latch bug (8.1.7.2)

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:53:37 +0800

I have a Test environment running Oracle Apps R11 in 8.1.7.1 and do see Cache Buffer Chains Latch contention -- this is on a server with 2 CPUs but 3 test environments (the other two test environments are 8.0.6 while Production is still 8.0.5). I will be upgrading the Test to 8.1.7.2.1 + 1967363 on Thursday. I'll post my findings a few days after that.

What did you say about the number of CPUs being relevant ? That the problem manifests on servers with few (<4) CPUs ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://hkchital.tripod.com