Creating Standby DB From Backup

From: Klaus Naumann <knaumann_at_gmx-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 08:50:03 +0100

Hi all,

I have a question related to standby Databases. My Oracle Version is 8.1.6.2.0 (Yes, I know it's not supported anymore ;-) ).
I've recovered an auxiliary Database of another DB via RMAN ( recover auxiliary database; ). Now I would like to convert this DB into a Standby Database. Is this possible ? And if yes, how is it possible ?

        Thanks in advance, Klaus

--
Klaus Naumann
Database Administration