Re: Can't drop Index on empty table - ORA-02429

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:27:28 -0000

As the index you are trying to drop is the primary/unique key of the table you will need to remove it with the alter table command. I believe Oracle probably implement them in this way to stop you mistakenly dropping unique/primary keys. You should probably read up on constraints in the Oracle Documentation so you understand what you are dealing with.

Kind Regards

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com