Re: STAND-BY Database with different DB_NAME ?

From: Garry Robinson <garry_robinson_at_slc.co.uk>
Date: 7 Jan 2002 09:23:36 -0800

marwansamara_at_msn.com (Marwan Samra) wrote in message news:<70d9d132.0201061808.52d90d74_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have 2 databases with the following characteristics:
> 1. The DB_NAME is different (A & B).
> 2. The TableSpaces are NOT exactly the same. (B has less tablespaces,
> they are not needed in in database B)
> 3. I want to keep the rest of the tables in sync.
> The question I have:
> What is the best and simple way to accomplish the above (#3)?
> I Thought of the STAND-BY option, but the more I read about it, the
> less I think it would benefit me in this case !
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Marwan Samara.

Warm standby will only work if the databases share the same name and are stucturally identical (except for temporary tablespaces). The Advanced Replication Option is the best way to solve your problem and it can also be the simplest if it is configured correctly. Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 11:23:36 CST