Wrap utility questions/hide source code

From: Bob Maggio <rmaggio_at_courts.state.ny.usNOSPAM>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:00:49 GMT

I am trying to use the oracle wrap command to hide the source code of a couple of functions. But although it seems to run, it doesn't seem to do anything. Or maybe I am not understanding it. if I run: wrap iname=func1.sql oname=func1_wrap.sql it creates the oname file as well as a func1.plb file. All files can be viewed for the source using cat file_name. Am I supposed to run one of these again in SQLPLus to recreate these functions in some sort of encrypted way? It doesn't seem to change it. I can still view the source code of these created functions. Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 11:00:49 CST