Opinions: Upgrade from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 9?

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_cellcom.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2002 07:18:00 -0800

My company is currently running on Oracle 7.3.4. I've been tasked to find out if we should upgrade, and if so, should we go to Oracle 8 or jump straight to 9.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with this direct upgrade, or can offer any comparisons between versions 8 and 9.  This is on HP-UX, but that shouldn't matter.

I'm looking for opinions on features, and difficulty of upgrades, if anyone has done this research already.

Thanks,
Don. Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 09:18:00 CST