Re: STAND-BY Database with different DB_NAME ?

From: Yann Allandit <yann.allandit_at_compaq.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2002 06:05:36 -0800

Hello,

You right. Stand by database is not the answer of your problem. It's not because the standby db must be excactly the same as you active db. It must be because the updates include in the archivelog are replayed in the standby db using the row id. Then you need to keep exactly the same db structure. Moreover, your standby db still in a mount mode then you can't change anything in this one.

To sort your issue out, it could be better to use repliction activity (not easy to set up) or to manage your standby db with the "log minner". It allow you to keep your standby db up and running and to rerun your archivelog query by query. Unfortunatly this option is not available yet. It will probably be with the release 9.0.2.

Yann