Re: UTL_FILE File Permissions

From: klaasjan elzinga <klaasjanelzinga_at_nobody.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:05:54 +0100

This is aworkaround:

I think you can set the setgid bit on the directory. So any file created in the directory will have the groupowner of the directory.

eg:
you write to usr/out/t.txt
-> set the ugid on out (chmod g+s out)
-> determine to which group everyone belongs who needs access to the t.txt file (for example users)
-> make users the owner of out (chgrp users out)

Hope this helps. You can also after creating the file do a change mod of the last created file. The sh-script will be than sth like this: # start creation script
sqlplus ...
chmod 777 usr/out/*.txt # or to other perms

Or better to cp the file to a ftp-location where everyone can retrieve the file.