Re: Please help with error I am receiving

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:27:46 +0100

On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 07:07:13 -0800, Kev <java2e_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ok, I dont get it. I just resized the log files. Everything went
>fine no errors. Then about 4 hours later I got these errors.
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Errors in file E:\oracle\admin\k2\bdump\k2LGWR.TRC:
>ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 1 of thread 1
>
>Sun Jan 06 00:09:46 2002
>Errors in file E:\oracle\admin\k2\bdump\k2LGWR.TRC:
>ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 3 of thread 1
>
>Sun Jan 06 00:09:46 2002
>Errors in file E:\oracle\admin\k2\bdump\k2LGWR.TRC:
>ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 4 of thread 1
>
>Sun Jan 06 00:09:46 2002
>Errors in file E:\oracle\admin\k2\bdump\k2LGWR.TRC:
>ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 3 of thread 1
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Here are the commands I used to create the log file:
>
>alter database add logfile group 4 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K2\REDO04a.log'
>size 10M;
>
>alter system switch logfile;
>
>Then I dropped group 1
>
>alter database add logfile group 1 'H:\ORADATA\REDO01a.log' size 10M;
>
>switched again then dropped 3
>
>alter database add logfile group 3 'C:\ORADATA\REDO03a.log' size 10M;
>

>Why did this error occur???
>
>The files do exists and the path is correct. When I query the v$log
>table I get the 3 files and the group 1,3,4. The Orginal groups were
>1,2,3.
>
>And the paths match fine.
>
>What happened???
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Kev

ORA-00313 open failed for members of log group string of thread string

Cause: The online log cannot be opened. The file may not be in the expected location.

Action: Specify the correct redo log file or make the log available, if necessary. Also, see the accompanying messages.

Any network drives involved (E? H?) If so, than that is your problem.

Please, always include the full error text (as above) and platform and version , instead of just 'throwing it over the fence'

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jan 06 2002 - 10:27:46 CST