Re: listener hangs

From: Audun <audunlea_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:58:12 +0100

Murty wrote:

"Murty Adavi" <adavi_at_mediaone.net> wrote in message news:0uuZ7.54571$Sj1.22283645_at_typhoon.ne.mediaone.net...
> When I start the listener using the command 'lsnrctl start LsnrName'
> it just hangs.
> i.e, I am not getting back the Unix prompt. However the listener is
> working and I
> am able to connect from remote machines. it doesn't throw any error
> messages
> into the listener log.
>
> If I type 'lsnrctl' and then type 'start LsnrName', then also
> listener starts fine but when
> I try to come out of the listener utility by typing 'exit', the
'exit'
> command hangs
>
> $ lsnrctl (press enter)
> LSNRCTL > start LsnrName (press enter)
> ..... (listener starts without any problem)
> LSNRCTL > exit (it just hangs)
>
> I am using Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris.
>
> Thanks
> Murty

Hi!

The easyest way to start the listener I know, is from /etc/init.d Just start the tnslsnr: ./tnslsnr start Then it starts the listener just like you reboot your Solaris box Otherwice as oracle:
cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
./lsnrctl start

Good luck and regards from Norway
Audun Received on Sat Jan 05 2002 - 12:58:12 CST