extract data from a table with missing extents

From: ls cheng <g-e-n-o_at_europe.com>
Date: 5 Jan 2002 08:01:39 -0800

Hi

We have accidently delete one of datafile in our development database, the database is in noarchive log mode. We want to recover data in that tablespace which a datafile is missing, the good news is that there is only one table in that tablespace and we can afford loose some data (but not other tables that is why we cannot restore backup from yesterday). I follows the steps from Note 33405.1 Extracting Data from a Corrupt Table using SKIP_CORRUPT_BLOCKS or Event 10231 from Metalink but it is not working, I tried both methods but everytime I do create table xx as select * from yy it returns the error it cant read the missing datafile. What am I doing wrong?

I am using Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 Received on Sat Jan 05 2002 - 10:01:39 CST