Re: New reserved words in Oracle 9

From: Mark Bowler <m.bowler_at_ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:10:35 -0000

"John Russell" <netnews2_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com> wrote in message news:u7pa3ukli518routi2vqrpnari5moptjar_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:51:22 -0000, "Mark Bowler"
> <m.bowler_at_ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I was hoping that someone could help me.
> >
> >Does anyone know if there are any new reserved words in Oracle 9 since
> >Oracle 8, and if so, what they are?
> >
> >I've tried looking in the documentation but I'm not having much luck,
> >although I can find a list of all the reserved words.
>
> Do you mean the PL/SQL reserved words that are listed in an appendix
> of the PL/SQL User's Guide?
>
> I don't think the delta list is given anywhere. Since there is a
> V$RESERVED_WORDS view, I presume that with an 8i and 9i DB
> side-by-side, and a database link, you can do something like
>
> select keyword from v$reserved_words
> minus
> select keyword from v$reserved_words_at_older_db;

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 9i yet, I'm just trying to do some preparation. In the end I downloaded the relevant appendices from the technet website and compared them. It doesn't look like there are any new ones.

Thanks for the bit of SQL though, it could come in handy. I'll try it myself with a copy of Oracle 7.3 that I have lying around.

Mark Received on Sat Jan 05 2002 - 08:10:35 CST