Re: Oracle Certification ?? and Windows XP ????

From: David A. Levy <david.a.levy_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 08:45:04 GMT

I think you can go ahead and complete the current OCP Developer track. Even after a new track is released it is usually some time before the old version is no longer offered, and even then you can just upgrade your certification with one exam.

Note also that the version of Developer is still 6i. A new version of the DATABASE has been released - 9i - with a corresponding DBA OCP track but no new version of the Developer software or the Developer OCP track has even been released by Oracle yet. So if you are waiting for a new version you have quite a wait before you can continue.

As for question #2, I have gotten Oracle 8i (8.1.7) to work on Windows XP just fine at home. Since this combination is not supported by Oracle I would obviously not recommend you to try this on a production database but I think for home use and learning purposes it would probably be Ok. Received on Sat Jan 05 2002 - 02:45:04 CST