Who are ADAMS, BLAKE, CLARK, JONES Oracle users?

From: Zoran Marjanski <zoranm_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:31:29 -0500

This may seem like a silly question but my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

In 8i there are a bunch of extra Oracle Users created during installation. I know about SCOTT, the sample schema, but who are the rest and what are they're passwords? Are they just other sample SCOTT's, but they don't have any database objects with them.

What about the rest of them? Are these documented somewhere?

ADAMS ?
AURORA$JIS$UTILITY$ Java?
AURORA$ORB$UNAUTHENTICATED Java?
BLAKE ?
CLARK ?
CTXSYS ?
DBSNMP Used for SNMP?
DES6I Used by Designer 6i
JONES ?
MDSYS ?
MTSSYS ?
ORDPLUGINS ?
ORDSYS ?
OSE$HTTP$ADMIN Something to do with administration via http? OUTLN ?
SATURN Used by OEM

SCOTT        I know about this one
SYS            I know about this one

SYSTEM I know about this one

Thanks, Zoran. Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 15:31:29 CST