alter table deallocate question

From: Craig Gillespie <notreal_at_imaginary.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:10:34 GMT

I appologize if this has already been answered, but I have a question about the alter table deallocate command. I am looking at keeping data for a while until we get some additional software to move the data into permanent storage, but after that happens I will want to re-acquire the space in the tables. The alter table deallocate command seems to be what I will want to use, but will I need to have the table in a restricted mode? Or can the command alter how much is being deallocated if rows are being added during the execution? Would that be helped by using the "keep X M/K" option?

Thanks for any assistance,
Craig Gillespie Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:10:34 CST