64-bit question

From: korikih <korikih_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2002 12:30:10 -0800

Does anyone know if Oracle still develops code on the 32-bit product first and then ports it to the 64-bit product? It used to be that customers using the 64-bit product would have to wait several months for the latest patch to be made available to them. We are considering taking a step towards standardizing our versions of Oracle, and some folks have brought up the idea that we should stick with the 64-bit version on the 64-bit O/S.

Thanks for any information,
Haig Received on Thu Jan 03 2002 - 14:30:10 CST